Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Is it just me...?

Is it just me...?

Because they still fight for my attention.

Like they're a pair of toddlers.

Is it all moms?

Or is it just moms?

Because they don't compete for their dad's attention quite like they do for mine.

Mom.

Mom.

Mom.

When I'm talking to one, the other one in the background.

Or sometimes just not even Mom.

Sometimes just start talking and won't stop as if I can divide my brain in two and pay attention to both of them with the same level of intensity. Stop. Please.

Is it just me?

Because I know there's an intensity to me.

To them.

To us.

But is this normal?

Or, "within the range of normal"?

Maybe it's all kids?

And all moms?

Or is it just boys?

Or perhaps opposite gendered parent?

I'm  trying to get a feel.

Because...dude...I cannot even with them right now this spring break has been bullshit because he's had jury duty for the past two weeks and it's great that he enjoys doing his civic duty but seriously we didn't even get to make a quick trip down to the cool sex toy store. Dammit!

Maybe it's just me.

Jesus. What in the godddam do people with more than two children do?

The children.

Not their sex lives.

They're very busy.

Obviously.



No comments:

Post a Comment