Saturday, July 16, 2016

Raised By Wolves

Had you been listening...

Isaac: "Mom, can we listen to U2?"

Me: "Absolutely. Which album?"

Isaac: "Um..."

Me: "The one we've been listening to? It's called Songs of Innocence."

Isaac: "Right. Can I pick the song?"

Me: "Totally. Which one?"

I: "Raised By Wolves."

Me: "You got it."

And silently I say: Sometimes I think you are. And sometimes I am afraid you will be.

And I cue it up, trying to suppress my fear and anxiety for their sake, if only for a few minutes, as we connect in music.

And we move forward in our day. 

Thankful that the sun is out.

Thankful that we are having a stay home day.

Thankful we're together as a family.

Thankful Daddy's feeling better with lots of help.

From all of us.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment