Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Seven Hours

Today, while Randy Anderson and I were at the cancer center for seven, yes I said SEVEN, hours...

And who gets cancer treatment for seven motherfuckin hours? Jesus it's been a long motherfuckin day! 

I don't know how some dear friends of mine, who are also on a cancer adventure drive to Seattle, which is like 2-1/2 hours plus a ferry ride...I mean they go over the night before, but still. Because his treatment was like NINE motherfuckin hours!!! And then those crazy sonsabitches drive HOME after that! That, THAT, is some super motherfuckin powers right there! (Don't correct my grammar, bitches!) 

Anywho...

So today, the pharmacist who's mixin up the chemo is a former student of Randy's. Thank you, Jake, for paying close attention in math. Seriously. You're saving lives. 

Oh and thanks Randy Anderson for being a kick ass math teacher. That's paying it forward, yo. 

So while we were at the cancer center for seven motherfuckin hours, the boys were with their first ever kid sitter, Trey, who is now 20 and home on summer break from college. And Trey took the boys to Salt Creek, which, everybody knows is THE place into be when you're a kid because there are tide pools, and old WWII bunkers, and a park and its beautiful!!! Even on a grey day, like it was today. 

And I did not worry about them. 

So thanks, Trey, for showing my kids the best day ever. I'm so thankful for you. 

And thanks Jackie, you're an awesome mom. I love you. 

3 comments:

  1. Love you Andersons. I wish I could take the pain away, but happy that my son was able to do his share today. He loves your boys and you and rand! As do i! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Andersons. I wish I could take the pain away, but happy that my son was able to do his share today. He loves your boys and you and rand! As do i! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you people. I know those 7 hours very well and all that driving. Camille and I made lots of friends in every one of those places... Hang in there! Feeling better is not far away, Randy. Hang in there, my friends!

    ReplyDelete